Yard Location and Hours of Operation: Sea Girt DPW Yard, 562 Bell Place
Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 2:45pm; Saturday and Sunday, 8:00am to 11:45am
Phone: (732) 449-6463
The yard has a container for each of the following acceptable recyclable items: cardboard, metal, bottles and cans, paper, electronics. Household trash disposal is also accommodated. The Borough does not accept bulk items or garden trash at this facility.
Household Trash and Recycling Collection Schedule
Please note that for the safety of our employees, effective March 1, 2020, all trash and recycling containers must be 34 gallons or less and weigh 40 pounds or less; recycling containers must also have holes in the bottom to drain off liquids and rainwater. Cans larger than 34 gallon capacity and/or overweight cans will not be picked up. Oversized or "robo-type" cans cannot be used for either household trash or recycling collection.
- Zone 1 Monday and Thursday: The Terrace to Baltimore Blvd
- Zone 2 Tuesday and Friday: Philadelphia Blvd to Sea Girt Avenue
- Zone 1: The Terrace to Baltimore Blvd - 1st & 3rd Wednesday of the Month
- Zone 2: Philadelphia Blvd to Sea Girt Ave - 2nd & 4th Wednesday of the Month
No pick up on the 5th Wednesday of the Month (i.e, January 29; April 29; September 30; December 30), yard will be OPEN.
Weekly Borough-wide Recycling resumes June 10, 2020 to September 9, 2020, inclusive.
Schedule Enhancement: Weekly Borough-wide Recycling: Wednesdays from December 2, 2020 through January 6, 2021, inclusive.
- Plastic bags or liners cannot be used in your recycling can.
- Garbage and Recycling must be out by 7:00am for pickup.
- Cans must be easily accessible and visible from your driveway, free from obstructions including vehicles.
- If you do not want our staff to enter your driveway with a scooter, the cans must be placed curbside.
- All household garbage must be bagged and tied. No loose trash will be picked up.
- Single-stream Recycling includes bottles, cans, newspaper, junk mail and cardboard. Cardboard that does not fit in can must be broken down, that is, flattened and tied. The following items are not recyclable and must be disposed of with household trash: pizza boxes, foil, pie tins, trays, cookware, dishware, light bulbs, ceramics, plants and plant pots and window glass.
- The staff is not allowed to enter garages, sheds, decks or homes to collect trash or recycling.
- In the event of snow, trash and recycling may be placed at the curb after snow plowing has been completed. Normal collection will resume only if there is a pathway free of snow and ice.
Please Note: If your sanitation, garden trash, and/or recycling has not been picked up according to schedule, please contact the Public Works Office as early as possible, prior to 2:00pm. When contacting the Public Works Office, please provide your address and telephone number when leaving a message:
Phone: (732) 449-6463
Hazardous Waste - Not Accepted:
Paint, chemicals, fertilizers, leftover chemicals in containers etc., must be taken to the Monmouth County Household Hazardous Waste Facility for disposal. Call (732) 683-8686 ext. 5210 for an appointment.
Garden Trash Pick Up
Winter Pick-Up: Monday, March 2 weather permitting
April to December: Every Monday; beginning April 6, 2020. No weekly garden trash pickup when bulk pick-up is scheduled. If Monday is a holiday, pick up will be completed by Friday. Garden trash is to be placed at the curb (the area between the sidewalk and curb) after 6:00 pm the preceding Sunday in open containers weighing no more than 40 lbs. and no larger than 34 gallons; 4 can limit per pick up. Branches must be tied in bundles no larger than 4 feet long by 2 feet in diameter or they will not be picked up. Grass clippings are banned from the County landfill, so please "cut it and leave it" on your lawn. There are no facilities for garden trash/debris in the Borough yard.
Landscape contractors must remove all debris from their jobsite; Borough employees will not remove brush/leaves left by a contractor pursuant to Borough Ordinance.
Other: Christmas trees will be picked up through January 31, 2021.
Leaves - Curbside Pick-Up
April 13 to May 15 and October 19 to December 15.
Leaves are to be raked to the gutter. Piles of leaves may not be placed within 15 feet of a storm drain. For safety reasons, piles of leaves may not be placed on Rt. 71 or less than 15 ft. from the intersection of any road and Rt. 71. Do not mix grass, flowers or branches in the leaves, or they will not be picked up.
Leaves cleaned up by contractors must be removed by contractors pursuant to Borough Ordinance.
March 9, May 11, September 14, October 19:
Disposable household items should be placed at the curb after 6:00pm the preceding Saturday. Doors must be removed from washers, dryers, refrigerators, etc. Pursuant to County regulations, the following items are excluded from bulk pick-up: automobile parts, tires, building materials, tree stumps, chemicals, paint cans, concrete blocks, bricks, etc. There is no weekly garden trash pickup when bulk pick-up is scheduled.
*2020 Holiday Schedule
There are no trash or recycling collections on holidays. Listed below are the dates for trash and recycling pick up before or after holidays.
|New Year's Day, January 1:||January 2||Zone 1 Trash, Zone 1 Recycling|
|Martin Luther King, January 20:||January 21||All Zones trash pick up|
|Lincoln's Birthday Observed, February 14:||February 13||All Zones trash pick up|
|President's Day, February 17:||February 18||All Zones trash pick up|
|Good Friday, April 10:||April 9||All Zones trash pick up|
|Memorial Day, May 25:||May 26||All Zones trash pick up|
|Fourth of July, July 3:||July 2||All Zones trash pick up|
|Labor Day, September 7:||September 8||All Zones trash pick up|
|Columbus Day, October 12:||October 13||All Zones trash pick up|
|Veteran’s Day, November 11:||November 12||Zone 1 Trash, Zone 2 Recycling|
|Thanksgiving, November 26:||November 27||Zone 1 trash pick up|
|November 28||Zone 2 trash pick up|
|Christmas, December 25:||December 24||All Zones trash pick up|
|New Year’s Eve||December 31||All Zones trash pick up|
Hours and schedule may change due to weather conditions without notice.