Please note that for the safety of our employees, effective March 1st, all trash and recycling containers must be 34 gallons or less and weigh 40 pounds or less; recycling containers must also have holes in the bottom to drain off liquids and rainwater. Cans larger than 34 gallon capacity and/or overweight cans will not be picked up. Oversized or "robo-type" cans cannot be used for either household trash or recycling collection.
- Zone 1 Monday and Thursday: The Terrace to Baltimore Blvd
- Zone 2 Tuesday and Friday: Philadelphia Blvd to Sea Girt Avenue
- Zone 1: The Terrace to Baltimore Blvd- 1st & 3rd Wednesday of the Month
- Zone 2: Philadelphia Blvd to Sea Girt Ave- 2nd & 4th Wednesday of the Month
No pick up on the 5th Wednesday of the Month (i.e, January 29; April 29; September 30; December 30), yard will be open,
Weekly Borough-wide Recycling resumes June 10, 2020 to September 9, 2020, inclusive.
Schedule Enhancement: Weekly Borough-wide Recycling: Wednesdays from December 2, 2020 through January 6, 2021, inclusive.
- Plastic bags or liners cannot be used in your recycling can.
- Garbage and Recycling must be out by 7:00am for pickup;
- Cans must be easily accessible and visible from your driveway, free from obstructions including vehicles;
- If you do not want our staff to enter your driveway with a scooter, the cans must be placed curbside.
- All household garbage must be bagged and tied. No loose trash will be picked up.
- Single-stream Recycling includes bottles, cans, newspaper, junk mail and cardboard. Cardboard that does not fit in can must be broken down, that is, flattened and tied. The following items are not recyclable and must be disposed of with household trash: pizza boxes, foil, pie tins, trays, cookware, dishware, light bulbs, ceramics, plants and plant pots and window glass;
- The staff is not allowed to enter garages, sheds, decks or homes to collect trash or recycling
- In the event of snow, trash and recycling may be placed at the curb after snow plowing has been completed. Normal collection will resume only if there is a pathway free of snow and ice.
Please Note: If your sanitation, garden trash, and/or recycling has not been picked up according to schedule, please contact the Public Works Office as early as possible, prior to 2:00pm. When contacting the Public Works Office, please provide your address and telephone number when leaving a message:
- Phone: (732) 449-6463
Hazardous Waste - Not Accepted:
Paint, chemicals, fertilizers, leftover chemicals in containers etc., must be taken to the Monmouth County Household Hazardous Waste Facility for disposal. Call (732) 683-8686 ext. 5210 for an appointment.